PRONOUNCEMENT OF THE YOUNG PEOPLE OF THE AMAZON OF ECUADOR AND PERU FOR THE DEFENSE AND CARE OF TERRITORIES AND LIFE
In the territory of the Original Kichwa People of Sarayaku, from October 17 to 21,
2022 in the "Youth Exchange of the Ecuadorian and Peruvian Amazon (Shipibo
– konibo) for the defense of the Territories and life”, we met and shared
our experiences, knowledge and world experiences, facing the reality of our peoples,
we define the following:
1. That our living spaces and territories where we live with other beings
We recognize our protectors as KAWSAK SACHA-LIVING JUNGLE,
KAMPUNTIN IWIAKU(Shuar), NON JATI NETE(Shipibo), INGI TSAMPI
2. That we commit ourselves to contribute and assume the processes of self-determination
to strengthen self-government.
3. That we will promote actions for individual and collective healing processes
from the ancestral knowledge of the native peoples to ensure the good
4. That we will work to eradicate gender and generational violence and fight
for equal opportunities, building territories of peace.
5. That we will strengthen our food sovereignty, intercultural education,
practice of ancestral medicine and the deepening of our economies
6. That we will continue to exercise our collective rights in defense of
our territories as a contribution to the construction of a society with justice
social, economic, environmental and political.
7. That we are committed to preserving the ways of life of our
ancestors and ancestors, adding the capabilities of our generation.
Friday, October 21, 2022
The following delegations, Peoples and Organizations participated:
Shipibo People-Konibo-Ucayali-Peru, People of Canelos-Pastaza-Ecuador, People
A`ICofan from Sinangoe, Pastaza Kikin Kichua Runakuna Tandanakuy-PAKKIRU,
Pastaza-Ecuador, Urku, Yaku Runa Ecological Community, Yuturi Warmis Organization,
Napo-Ecuador, ACIA Youth, Arajuno, Pastaza-Ecuador, Global Youth Caucus
indigenous, Federation of Indigenous Organizations of the Province of Napo-FOIN, Piatua
Resist, PONAKISC, Pastaza, Ecuador, Leadership School, RUNA YACHAY,
Ecuador, Collective of Indigenous Youth in Defense of the Amazon-Ecuador, PSHA,
MAIKIUANTS Indigenous Guard, Morona Santiago-Ecuador, Siekoya, REMOLINO,
Sucumbíos-Ecuador, WANDUK Community, Napo-Ecuador, Indigenous Guard,
TIGERS OF THE SOUTH-Ecuador, Youth of FECUANAE-ORELLANA-ECUADOR,
CONFENIAE-Ecuador, SAMARUTA-TAYJASARUTA, Pastaza-Ecuador.
Discover some of the moments we experienced during this meeting
This article has been read 10,021 times