Pakayaku as of December 15, 2012.
DECLARATION OF THE POLITICAL COUNCIL OF THE PEOPLES OF THE BOBONAZA BASIN IN DEFENSE OF LIFE.
In the Kichwa people of Pakayaku, with the presence of the presidents and their Governing Council of the Pakayaku, Sarayaku, Teresa Mama and Boberas peoples, united in defense of Pachamama and in rejection of the plan for a new round of oil bidding in the territories of the Peoples and Nationalities of the center and south of the Ecuadorian Amazon, resolve the following:
1. Summon to this joint struggle the communities, peoples and nationalities that are affected by the eleventh oil round.
2. From the towns of the Bobonaza basin, the resolution established on October 6 in the town of Boveras is ratified. “KAWSAYMANDA TANDARI”
3. The peoples of the Bobonaza basin will not participate in any activity called by the Pastaza Kichwa Coordination Council until the political and organizational position regarding the eleventh oil round is clarified and defined.
4. We reject the unilateral decision of the Secretary of Lands and the department of planning and territorial reorganization of the municipal government of the Pastaza canton that, without the participation and consent of the neighbors, has led to the consolidation process of the Achuar Kanus Parish that affects more than 30,000 hectares in the Iskpingu River Kapawari Zone, which have ancestrally been territories of the Kichwa peoples of the Bobonaza River Basin,
5. We call for a fraternal dialogue with the Achuar nationality to resolve the territorial boundaries and establish agreements of unity and struggle.
6. Continue strengthening the unity of the Kichwa Peoples of the Bobonaza River to consolidate and reinforce the organization of CITAKIB
For proof of what was said and acted, we attach supporting signatures.
PEOPLE PRESIDENT OF PAKAYAKU
SARAYAKU VILLAGE PRESIDENT
PRESIDENT OF THE TOWN OF TERESA MAMA
PRESIDENT OF THE TOWN OF BOVERAS
COORDINATOR OF THE KICHWA COUNCIL OF THE BOBONAZA BASIN
This article has been read 242 times